Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Homeschool blogging

Some of the homeschoolers on my local Yahoo list here have just started blogging, and it's reminded me--oh, yes! I have a blog, too! Imagine that.

The thing about blogging for me is it's almost and all or nothing proposition. Either I'm obsessed or I'm negligent. I have another blog out in cyberspace, too, that I've had longer and is more random and personal than this one, and it, too, is sadly neglected.

The thing I enjoy about blogging is that it helps me to hear my own thoughts. I have so much swirling around my head most of the time, that to actually type in sentences and paragraphs to talk about my life, helps me to know what's going on. Blogs are, for the most part, really for the blogger, and not as much for the reader, although I confess to being a blog-reader, too.

Today is a good day for us--we have a knitting circle of other homeschoolers here in our house this afternoon. This is my new obsession, although I have yet to learn to cast on. Then my kids head off to AWANA at a local church--which they adore. The other thing to which I am looking forward is continuing reading our Paddington Treasury. I never read Paddington Bear growing up, but it is a funny and well-written series of stories that my kids adore. Yesterday I bought whole wheat English muffins and marmalade so we could have "elevenses" with hot chocolate just like Paddington. My kids are wondering if I'd like us to move to England. I could be persuaded, I think.

Homeschool Mami

Comments:
Good to see you writing again! I also can't wait for knitting group today. That was so much fun!

Paddington was a big hit in my house too! We haven't had a tea time in quite a while... Maybe it is time to bring it back....
 
I think I will keep the marmalade far from the yarn this afternoon in order not to have a Paddington-style slapstick adventure...

Joanne
 
You've been tagged!
In your spare blogging time...

All you have to do is:
Post "Seven True Things" about yourself with a link back to me, and tag seven new bloggers, leaving them these instructions!

Should be fun to learn a little more about each other. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory