Saturday, January 21, 2006

Welcome spring?

This crazy weather has me upside down. It was so warm yesterday I took the kids into the woods behind our house in the afternoon. Well, I suppose "woods" is a relative term, but we are city dwellers and so we've got a good few trees behind us that we can wander in, so that's what we call it. We were decked out in snow boots because I thought surely it would be one giant mud puddle, but it was pretty dry. We turned over rocks and found a few hibernating bugs and scurrying spiders. We examined rotting tree limbs and climbed logs. We breathed in the fresh clean air. I started planning my vegetable garden, and then I reminded myself, it's January. Vegetable gardens will have to wait.

Homeschool Mami

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory